Wednesday, March 26, 2014

15mm Trencher Tanks: Beginning

So, I finally got around to ordering one pack of Proxie Models Trencher Tank sets. I have to say, 3 tanks for $10 with only $3 shipping is an amazing deal. Proxie Models is a one man band style set up, where the designer works out of his own barn using a plastic injection machine from the 50’s. Though, the models are great for someone just starting in, and the prices can’t be beat. So far he has another type of tank, terrain, and bases that he produces.
Here are my tanks so far:
IMGA0345
IMGA0346
IMGA0347
IMGA0348

I went crazy and assembled them in under two hours, so sorry, no pictures of the sprues. Though, you can find those in the link above.
These tanks certainly are not snap fit, I had to wiggle the side tracks around until they were even, and then glue them down. Nonetheless, I think that rough and simple models like this are really fun to work with! The casting itself was pretty clean, I only had to file down certain areas to make everything look nice and sharp.
I plan to go with a red and brown color scheme to fit my Industrial Human army, since the rough WWI look of the modals really fit the army well. Some people say this looks like a model from a certain Evil Empire (wink, wink) but I’d say after seeing it in person compared to the other tank, that there are several differences and the Trencher manages to stand on its own feet (Or should I say treads?).

No comments:

Post a Comment